Other C/C++ APIs

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:40 AM

Hi Chris,

Wondering, why not use libOPC?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/dmahugh/archive/2011/04/19/libopc-version-0-0-1-released.aspx

You may have very good reasons, just wondering what they are.

-Eric

Apr 29, 2011 at 7:04 PM

At the time I started I did not know about libOPC. I actually started this back in January and at that time I was not aware of any other c++ project dealing with the open packaging conventions apart from Microsoft's COM implementation which only worked on Windows 7 which is why I set out to replicate it. So far the testing I've done shows that creating the structure in memory and writing to a file seems to work although certain restrictions such as content type and Uri formats are not followed strictly. I would be glad to try and get it working with libOPC. Right now though my priority is to get all the drawing ml and presentation ml classes done (which includes the DOM parsing and the serialization to xml) of which considering the number of classes involved may take some time with just one person working on it

Apr 29, 2011 at 7:47 PM

Actually the open xml part currently is independent of opc. If you have a buffer that contains the xml part you just give it to xerces-c and instantiate the right class with the child nodes and attributes gained from that DOMDocument. Needless to say helper functions around that functionality would probably help.

Apr 29, 2011 at 8:19 PM
I would be very interested to hear about your experience with libOPC, if you use it.
With regards to the drawingML and presentationML, I would be interested to see anything you care to share about it. Would be interested to hear about your design philosophy around those classes.
Sent: Friday, April 29, 2011 11:34 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Other C/C++ APIs [ooxmlpp:255365]

At the time I started I did not know about libOPC. I actually started this back in January and at that time I was not aware of any other c++ project dealing with the open packaging conventions apart from Microsoft's COM implementation which only worked on Windows 7 which is why I set out to replicate it. So far the testing I've done shows that creating the structure in memory and writing to a file seems to work although certain restrictions such as content type and Uri formats are not followed strictly. I would be glad to try and get it working with libOPC. Right now though my priority is to get all the drawing ml and presentation ml classes done (which includes the DOM parsing and the serialization to xml) of which considering the number of classes involved may take some time with just one person working on it